Saturday, August 04, 2007

Wrist Distaff & Yarn Caddy... Felty Staff?



Okay, here is another one of those "creations"... you know, the 2 a.m. and you're just knitting along and well... whatever. So, I tossed it in the washing machine and out came the "Felty Staff". (No, I didn't name it, a friend did.) The original Felty was smaller and seemed ideal for finer fibers like cashmere and yak and bison, Oh my! Hmmmm, but I knit too... so the next Felty was large enough to hold an average size center-pull ball of yarn. I can free up my hands in an instant without having to put it down, just poke my needles or spindle into the felty and slide the loop handle up my arm - voila, hands free! I knit this one from some of my hand-painted wool yarn and finished it by embellishing with beads.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I love this distaff I bought one of the first ones you sold and I use it when I drop spin. I keeps it out of the way and all together. Thanks Heidi.

Connie