Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Dyeing Day




Well, I've been busy over here, dyeing up a storm... yarn, yarn, and more yarn, and a little silk top and some mohair locks too. Summer weather disappeared so I've got a fire in the wood stove and the yarn and fiber drying on a nearby rack. Good grief, August and I have a fire going!!!

I also made my first attempt at dyeing silk chiffon fabric and what fun that is! The blue and green piece is my favorite and I named it the Goddess Scarf. Maybe it is just me, but it looks like there is a Goddess in the center with her arms outstretched! Does anybody else see it??? Anyway, I decided I have to do more of this..

2 comments:

episkathy said...

I do see the goddess! You are doing beautiful color work, Heidi. I'd like to visit sometimes. Where is "the shop" and what is its name?

Kathy Glenn from Tacoma

Helaine said...

Yes, Heidi it does look like a goddess in the middle. I also have a silk scarf I dyed a few years ago. It hangs over my bed room mirror.

Helaine