Saturday, August 04, 2007

Pieces Shawl


I've had a lot of comments on this creation so I thought I'd post it. What started out as knitting a "swatch" of one of my hand-painted yarns evolved into a shawl. It is simply stockinette stitch - no sewing involved as the 2nd and 3rd pieces are knit directly onto the previous piece. The border (3rd piece) is yo's and k2tog's over 7 stitches and is knit right onto the edge of the rectangle. The beads are added as you knit by placing the bead on the stitch with a tiny crochet hook. The beads provide just enough weight for the edge to hold it's shape and drape nicely. For those of us that fear lace this is an interesting alternative. I am writing up the pattern.... Once again I should have made notes as I was knitting it. Now, how many times have I said that!

No comments: