Thursday, May 03, 2007

Home from Whidbey... Well Hello Miss Molly!


As if the day wasn't full enough, I came home to find out that we had a new kid! A baby goat kid that is. Miss Molly was born that same Sunday morning, April Fool's Day, without any human assistance (or intervention depending on how you look at it). fact, by the time Frank found her in the shed, Emily's motherly instincts had kicked in and little Miss Molly was already clean, dry and wobbily walking about investigating her new world. By the time I got home Sunday, it was already dark, but I wasn't waiting until morning to see the new baby kid. Flashlight in hand, Frank and I walked up to the goat shed. I sat down on the straw and held tiny Molly in my arms. Oh my gosh, how sweet is this !! I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. Okay, Okay, to all you shepherds, shepherdesses, farmers, and others that witness this birth thing on a regular basis, cut me a little slack here. I am a Newbie Goat Mom, and a sentimental one at that. I will forever be amazed and humbled by the miracle of life, no matter how small. Honestly, I had the same kind of reaction when this little nest of baby birds hatched in the rafters of our front porch last year! Doesn't she tug at your heart, just a little? (Molly - 1 Week Old)



No comments: