Friday, July 20, 2007

Felting Workshop



To all my friends that were around me for the past couple months "I'm sorry". I had literally worked myself into a heap of nerves (worse than usual, that is) in anticipation of teaching this two-day workshop on laminated felt using merino, silk, and cashmere fibers. You can see a picture of one of my pieces in the Summer 2007 issue of Spin-Off in the Handspun Gallery of Felted Items (Page 90-91). I lost track of how many yards of silk I had to mordant, and I have absolutely no idea how many pounds of cashmere, silk, and merino I dyed, oh, and lots and lots of kid mohair locks too!

Well, much to my amazement, the workshop went well and everyone went home with a beautiful finished project. So, "Thanks" to Suzanne for the opportunity to teach this technique in a workshop environment; and "Thanks" to fiber enthusiasts Amy, Kathy, Robin, Linnea, Katie, Liz, Lisa, Roxana, Cathy, Tiffaney, Judy, Susanne and Spring for signing up giving me the opportunity to share this with you. It was simply too much fun!

No comments: